HOW TO USE THIS BLOG: Since this blog covers various Ward Mission subjects, I've made it easier to find exactly what you're looking for by grouping posts together by topic. On the right side of this page (above the photo of the shaking hands), you'll find the list of topics you can click on to find the information you're looking for

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Welcome packet for convert child



Today we have a convert baptism of a child (8 years old), so I adapted our usual "Welcome to the Ward" packet to be a little more kid-appropriate. The usual handouts and information are included (see the "Welcome Packet" section for more info), but I made a few changes/additions:
  • More coloring/activity pages (found here)
  • "My Gospel Standards" print-out (found on the Idea Door website, here)
  • Sacrament prayer card*
  • "My Baptism Covenants" print-out (found on the Idea Door website, here)
  • Several age-appropriate "Mormonad" poster cards
  • Picture of Christ with children
*I printed out the Sacrament prayers (printable version found at the Idea Door, here), and glued them onto colorful paper. Then I glued the two prayers back to back, to make a sort of two-sided bookmark. I also attached a little paper piece of bread and a water cup that I made out of scraps of scrapbooking paper to make it easier to tell which side is which. You can see the one I made on the left side of the picture of the inside of the folder (shown above).

No comments:

Post a Comment