Saturday, July 31, 2010

Welcome packet for convert child



Today we have a convert baptism of a child (8 years old), so I adapted our usual "Welcome to the Ward" packet to be a little more kid-appropriate. The usual handouts and information are included (see the "Welcome Packet" section for more info), but I made a few changes/additions:
  • More coloring/activity pages (found here)
  • "My Gospel Standards" print-out (found on the Idea Door website, here)
  • Sacrament prayer card*
  • "My Baptism Covenants" print-out (found on the Idea Door website, here)
  • Several age-appropriate "Mormonad" poster cards
  • Picture of Christ with children
*I printed out the Sacrament prayers (printable version found at the Idea Door, here), and glued them onto colorful paper. Then I glued the two prayers back to back, to make a sort of two-sided bookmark. I also attached a little paper piece of bread and a water cup that I made out of scraps of scrapbooking paper to make it easier to tell which side is which. You can see the one I made on the left side of the picture of the inside of the folder (shown above).

No comments:

Post a Comment