For July/August newsletters, I recommend the following topics:
- Pioneers (brief history of the Pioneers - we have a lot lessons/talks/hymns about Pioneers during this time of year, so I try to explain why)
- Pioneer Day (why we celebrate it and info about any related Ward/Stake activities)
- Other Ward/Stake Activities (be sure to give all possible information about time, date, location, appropriate dress, anything they need to bring, etc)
- Gospel Essentials (Sunday School) Lesson Schedule
- Welcome to New Members &/or Info About Upcoming Baptisms
- Ward Missionary/Ward Mission Leader Contact Information
Even if you don't go with a formal newsletter format, it is great to make this type of information available to all of your new members.... by handout, Sunday School announcements, phone calls, etc. Most activities will be announced in one way or another at Church, but it doesn't hurt to give a little extra effort to make sure that our new members have all of the information they need.